Please remember that if you or a young person known to you is in a crisis situation and in need of immediate help to contact the emergency services by dialling 999 or going to your nearest Accident & Emergency Department. If you have concerns that a child or adult is being abused or neglected, or that they may be at risk of harm you should contact The Access Team, redcar & Cleveland Borough Council on 01642 771500, or the Emergency Duty Team (outside office hours) on 08702 402994. In an emergency contact the Police on 999.
Below are some links to useful information for professionals, parents and young people on a range of mental health issues experienced by young people:
- Self Harm - here is a youtube video link that describes many different things to consider about the issue of self harm in young people. These views are drawn from a range of professionals and people who have experienced self harm first hand.
- Eating Disorders - 4 things not to say to a recovering anorexic- what to say and what not to say and more helpful approaches
- Managing Depression - the benefits of establishing a daily routine
- How Can I Ask For Help? - A Guide For Young People
- Printed Mental Health Resources - A range of resources provided by the Charlie Waller Trust including well-being action plans, depression warning signs posters and a self harm guide for parents
- MindEd For Families - link to website with useful information for parents and carers about the mental health of young people
All the above content is reproduced here with the kind permission of:
Dr. Pooky Knightsmith
Vice Chair of Children and Young People's Mental Health Coalition